The Cedar Rapids Community Schools Foundation may serve as the fiduciary agent for donations requested to go through the Foundation that are earmarked for a Cedar Rapids Community School or those affiliated with a project or program to benefit the school district, its students and/or staff. The foundation assesses a 5% Administrative Fee to all receipted funds. In exchange, the Foundation provides the organization with updated donor lists, financial reports, gift acknowledgement services, vendor payments, and no-fee electronic donation processing.
By partnering with CRCSF, fiscal agents can focus on raising funds – not administering them; leading to reduced accounting errors and less financial risk/liability for volunteers.
The following organizations currently participate in the Foundation’s Fiscal Agent program:
- CRCSD Homeless & Foster Care Program
- The Academy for Scholastic & Personal Success
- Partnership for Post-Secondary Success
- Iowa Big
- Cougar Corner Pantry
- Middle School Activities Fund
- Washington High School Dance Team
- Johnson’s Family-to-Family Fund