The Foundation knows that, as educators, you are passionate about the learning opportunities available to your students. The Foundation is also aware that many teachers dip into their own pockets to help cover the expenses of enhanced classroom learning. It is the Foundation’s hope that Student Enrichment Grants will be an easy way for you to help supplement some of your student needs related to curriculum growth.
How the Student Enrichment Grants Work:
- Teachers can apply for a grant up to $250.
- Examples of classroom items to purchase could be: bins, rug, shelving, headphones, books, art supplies, calculators, etc.
- A short application helps ensure a quick turn-around time from request to distribution (see link below).
- Checks will be made payble to the teacher to cover cost of expenditure(s).
- Receipts are REQUIRED for reimbursement.
- Food/Beverages, traditional supply closet items (cleaning supplies, pens, staplers, post-its, ec.) for classrooms will not be considered.
NOTE: These grants are non-competitive. However, they are also first come/first served. Once the annual budget has been expended the program will close until the next school year. Apply early! THIS PROGRAM WILL OPEN FOR THE 2021-22 SCHOOL YEAR ON SEPTEMBER 7, 2021.
Click this link to apply: https://app.smarterselect.com/programs/41515-Cedar-Rapids-Community-Schools-Foundation